The present set of eight bells in the tower of St. Oswald's church was cast in 1977. These bells were part of an earlier set cast in 1694 by Christopher Hodson, who operated bell foundries in London and at St. Mary Cray - now part of the borough of Bromley. Hodson was responsible for the casting of many church bells all over the country. Perhaps his most famous was the recasting in 1680 of "Great Tom", which weighs 6.5 tons (6,604 kg) and hangs in Tom Tower at the entrance to Christ Church college, Oxford, where it is sounded every night at 21:05.
|exposure mode||shutter priority|