Across the Tejo from Lisbon is the town of Almada and on a high promontory is this figure of Christ the King. Construction began in 1949 and the complex (there are various chapels associated with the statue) was opened in 1959. The total height is 110 metres (361 feet) and the rock upon which it is built is 133 metres above the river. This was taken from a restaurant near the statue, with the little Panasonic at pretty well full zoom.
|exposure mode||shutter priority|