A notice on the site reads:
"Rathmullan Priory, build c. 1508, by Rory Mac Sweeney Fanad and presented to Carmelite friar Mac Sweeney of Connacht, 1516 Plundered by George Bingham (1595) and used as a barracks (1601) by Ralph Bingley.
In 1618 the nave or Western portion was adapted as a castle-residence by Bishop Knox. Its garrison repulsed the Jacobite Duke of Berwick in 1689. The chancel (Eastern) portion of the church continued as a parish church until its abandonment in 1814."
|exposure mode||aperture priority|