Looking down on the Pousada from its gardens. The older building on the right houses the public rooms, offices, meeting rooms, etc., while that on the left in red brick, houses the accommodation. It's quite a mixture - the old building is the Palácio do Freixo, built in 1725 to the design of an Italian architect, Nicolau Nasonis, for the Dean of Porto Cathedral, who just happened to be a wealthy nobleman. The red-brick building was a flour mill, constructed in the 19th century. It has been very effectively transformed into hotel accommodation.