The building was constructed in 1906 and known as Vileišis Palace. It was built for the Lithuanian engineer, Petras Vileišis, who was alos a publisher, philanthropist and political activist. Apparently, Vileišis adopted the neo-baroque style because of the proximity of the house to the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul. Vileišis and his family lived in the "Palace" until WWI. He died in 1926 and his daughter sold the property in 1931 to a Catholic educational foundation.
|exposure mode||shutter priority|